Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Things I'll miss

In the days between now and my departure from the great state of Pennsylvania, I'm going to write some posts about things I will miss. I think this will be a good way for me to transition, remembering the old while being excited for the new. So today will be my first post.

The Beach
Now, I know what you're thinking, Pennsylvania is not on the coast, but hey, it's pretty close! I grew up going to the beach at least one week a summer and it was always the thing I looked forward to the most. If I could have it my way I would live right along the coast somewhere and I would walk on the beach every day (well, I guess every day that there's good weather). There's something about the ocean that makes me feel so relaxed and at peace. I love all of the things about the beach that most people don't like. I love the salty water, I love getting sand every where, I love the way the humidity and the wind make my hair look (haha, I'm probably the only female in the world that feels this way). And even though the boardwalk can be really touristy and expensive, I still enjoyed a deep fried treat here and there. I still have one more beach trip in the making for while Jake is here and I'll say a good long farewell to the Atlantic. Minnesota has lakes, which will be a nice refreshing treat this summer, but it's just not the same.
Here's some pictures of when my friend Laura and I went to the beach
And now here are some throw backs. My sisters are going to love me for this one:

2 comments:

Natasha said...

oh man, that looks like a good time. the only time i've ever been to the ocean was one time in Mississippi when I was preggers...lets you and I go some time in life : ) and...you have no idea how excited our conversation today made me. I'm so looking forward to those convos being in person!

King Huckleberry said...

wow i wish minnesota had an ocean or two