Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Atlantic

Jadah has never seen the Atlantic ocean. That had to be remedied, and I felt I should be the friend to take on the task. So, the other day we packed into my Rav4 and headed east. We made a pit stop at Trader Joes on the way and boy oh boy were we excited. Just today we ate the last of the TJ's granola that I bought and I almost cried. Why is their food so good and their stores so far away?? We loaded our empty cooler with all our delicacies and went to the coast. We enjoyed fine weather, sun bathing, a refreshing swim in the tumbling waves, and some tasty italian ice from the board walk. Jadah was satisfied with the Atlantic, but her heart is still for the west coast. My attempt to convert her failed, but I don't blame her, it's so lovely on the other side of the continent.

This was by far the most unique picnic spread I've ever seen but it was perfect for a Jadah+Lindy outing. Figs, beats, carrots, hummus, and sushi!! Yum! It was a tasty lunch enhanced by some Trader Joe's finds, of course. 

1 comment:

Jadah Bug said...

this post made me smile...thanks for introducing me to the Atlantic :) You are a delightful lady to spend a day with!