Thursday, July 5, 2012

Blooming

Since my nannying job came to a close at the beginning of June, I've been doing smaller part time jobs to keep me occupied. I started working for Home Helpers again, but so far I only have one client. (Turns out that my one and only client was one of my grandma's dearest friends for years. When I told her my maiden name she exclaimed, "Surely you're not one of Elva's!?!" It's definitely a small world when you're living in Lancaster County). But one of my favorite odd jobs is getting to help my mentor with her flower shop. She has a small flower garden outside of her shop, or barn, where you can cut your own flowers to your liking. She also has a larger garden across the street where she keeps flowers for all the weddings and other events that she does. Sometimes I weed in the gardens, sometimes I actually get to help with arrangements, but every time I have a blast. I love being around all the beautiful blooms and fragrances and using some creative juices to piece them all together. And of course it's so sweet to have fellowship with my beloved mentor and friend. Her and her husband (Jake's boss) have been such a blessing to us.




Another perk of working for her is getting to take home left over flowers here and there. One Friday I got to take home so many that almost every room in our apartment had some. Later that night a picnic that we had planned with some friends got rained out so we had it at our place. I felt so prepared with all of those lovely little flowers everywhere.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lindy!

Those are beautiful!!! And, ironically, I was just brainstorming with Mel the other night and .... I'm going to send you and email :)

-Valerie