Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fruitful

How sad is it that the last update on our garden all the pictures showed was a big brown plot of land!?! Things have come along way and our garden has exploded! The zucchini plants alone are like conquerors bent on conquest, taking over as much space as their big fat leaves can stretch. My dad takes such good care of it and my mom is a dedicated harvester. She goes out at 6 a.m. to beat the heat every day! Here's a few shots to give you a taste of our fruitfulness.



 I love watching the skinny little vines, that seem to have minds of their own, stretch out and wrap around the wire cages. I truly see the hand of God at work in how a tiny little seed can bring forth so much life!

With all our veggies I've been doing my best to figure out how to use them. I decided to try out my mom's trusty zucchini bread recipe with a tiny twist. We put half of the batch into my donut pan!


Sad to say, I have no pictures of the finished product, but it was very tasty. Next time I'm going to make a glaze for the donuts, at my husband's request, and maybe add some nuts or raisins. Who would have thought something so tasty could come from something so stringy and slimy?

No comments: